Eur Ing Keith N Norton BSc(Hons) CEng MIET MIoD
Programme Delivery/Change Management/Communications/Consultancy/Motivation
Experienced CEO/MD with over 30 years success working at strategic, programme and operational levels across defence civil government and commercial telecom domains.
- Adept at working in complex, collaborative multi-stakeholder environments in industry and government.
- Extensive experience and networks in MOD, civil government, commercial telecom and defence in UK/Europe/US.
- Operational approach to problem solving balanced with visionary market creativity and service innovation.
- Thrives in ambiguity and distils pragmatic solutions from complexity.
- Delivers clear, compelling, messages achieving high levels of employee engagement.
- Adept at developing and repairing customer relationships.
- Able to motivate and inspire a workforce at all levels from engineers to board, speaker at international conferences.
- CEO/Managing Director of Paradigm Secure Communications Limited (a subsidiary of EADS Astrium). End-to-end responsibility for this £360m/annum government PFI based communications services business with 350 heads across 5 sites. Transformed the business from focussing on 1 service and 1 customer (UK MOD) to operate with a portfolio of value added services and range of customers (inc UK CO & DoD) exceeding annual revenue and profit targets. Communicated a strategic 5-year plan for partnering for growth into new markets with unprecedented levels of employee engagement.
- Managing Director/Contract Director at Serco Civil Government. Executive member of Trusted Borders team that won the £800m eBorders contract for UK Home Office. Ran the delivery programme for Serco with budget of £300m and team of 200 building 2 data centres, a service centre and an operations centre from contract to go live in 18 months.
- Operations Director at Cable & Wireless. Ran the service business with £250m turnover and 380 staff delivering managed services, outsourcing, hosting and business continuity. Restructured business for end-to-end services and enterprise application architecture to stem revenue leakage of £100m/annum and eliminate Debt-in-Query.
- Country Director at Nokia Networks. Ran the Systems Integration business for UK and Ireland, responsible for P&L with £100m turnover. Transformed business from product sales to solution sales with double-digit revenue growth.
- Head of Project & Programme Management at Nokia Networks. Developed PM processes and tools based on PMI BoK approach, developed process, practice and PMs across EMEA to world-class levels of maturity in delivery in the fast moving, unforgiving world of commercial telecoms.
- Senior Business Consultant at IBM. Proposed, negotiated and delivered £30m support contract for Bowman, won 2 Business Excellence awards and delivered business, programme, risk and technical consultancy advice on this £2.5bn programme to UK MoD as Principal Technical Advisor.
- Principal Consultant at Software Sciences Ltd. Designed advanced communications model (BOLDCOM) for UK MoD based on OSI stack and Finite State Machines to model the performance of frequency hopping transceivers in the presence of real interferers on real terrain fully modelling waveforms, interleaving and forward error correction.